ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Last Call (expires in one week)

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Nov 11 10:51:38 UTC 2011

actually - Paul Francis has done the community a massive favor by making the argument
for NAT as a viable tool strong enough that NAT and NAT-like technologies are pervasive.

NAT is even used to "glue" v4 and v6 enclaves together.

So it is too early to tell if IPv6-only will be the inevitable end game (in our lifetimes),
or if NAT-enabled infrastructures will continue to be pervasive, leaving v4 enclaves running
for longer than our childrens live.

This policy proposal is one means to track rights to use a given resource, and it is not
clear to me that it has to fit in the sole provence of a single address family (although it
is clearly targeted for one of them as currently written)

I guess that puts me in the camp of favoring this work.

For the rest of the zelots (in either camp) - put down the retoric and quit trying to teach
the pigs to sing.  Its a waste of your time and it annoys the pigs.

/bill