Firewalls - Ease of Use and Maintenance?

-Hammer- bhmccie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 18:54:48 UTC 2011

I changed my mind. I want to clear this up. Here is an example of where
a patent troll skipped over the manufacturer and went straight for the
end customer. There are dozens of these attacking all verticals and
manufacturers alike for various reasons.

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/texas/txedce/2:2008cv00471/113504/

So a customer buys a product that contains a technology. Then the
customer is sued for possessing said technology. You don't think the
customer (Merrill Lynch / BofA / Citigroup / etc) isn't gonna take that
lawsuit and call the manufacturer up and tell them they are gonna eat
it? You don't think a financial institution or a healthcare organization
would attempt to recuperate the costs? You don't think that after the
fact agreements are put in place so that frivolous lawsuits like this
are appropriately handled between the manufacturer and the customer in
the future? When millions of dollars are at stake? You don't have to
like it. But you should be a little more objective.

I am not speaking of specific cases I'm involved in. I just googled a
few things and found some results....

-Hammer-

"I was a normal American nerd"
-Jack Herer