where was my white knight....

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 15:22:48 CST 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:14 PM,  <bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com> wrote:
>  that was/is kindof orthoginal to the question... would the sidr plan
> for routing security have been a help in this event?  nice to know
> unsecured IPv6 took some of the load when the unsecured IPv4 path
> failed.

if all routing goes boom, would secure routing have saved you?
no... all routing went boom.

>  the answer seems to be NO, it would not have helped and would have actually
> contributed to network instability with large numbers of validation requests
> sent to the sidr/ca nodes.

I think actually it wouldn't have caused more validation requests, the
routers have (in some form of the plan) a cache from their local
cache, they use this for origin validation... there's not a
requirement to refresh up the entire chain. (I think).