Manage an enterprise network? Please fill out my survey - for Science! :-)

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Nov 1 06:41:05 UTC 2011

On Nov 1, 2011, at 1:28 PM, Jack Bates wrote:

> I'm confused as to the 6to4 gateway state. Last I checked, all my 6to4 is stateless.

Depends upon the technology being used.  I probably should've used a different term.

> My load balancers are also stateless.

Most are not, or aren't configured to be so (i.e., most seem to be set up to handle the outbound server-to-client comms, too).  I see them go down like tenpins in trivial DDoS attacks all the time.

		The basis of optimism is sheer terror.

			  -- Oscar Wilde