VeriSign Internet Defense Network

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Tue May 31 19:06:46 UTC 2011

Let's not ignore the value of DNS with a short ttl time. It may not be "as quick" as a BGP adjustment, but serves to provide a buttressed front-end IP that can restore service "instantly" [faster than getting someone on the phone to coordinate the change, etc].

Disclaimer: We provide a service for our customers that does substantially this sort of DDOS mitigation.

DJ