$ 90 million fine for cutting Internet services

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat May 28 21:50:36 UTC 2011

On May 28, 2011, at 3:23 PM, ML wrote:

> Can I fine TEDATA for committing VoIP fraud against my network during that same time period?

Running a SIP honeypot will help you identify who the bad actors are here.

There's a few numbers (and countries) to make sure you block.  You should be able to find them within a week or at most four based on their scan patterns.  The sad part is the test numbers they hit are generally in the UK to identify if the call actually makes it out.  Seems like someone should arrest the owners of those numbers.

- Jared