Contention/Oversubscription maths

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Fri May 27 15:58:50 UTC 2011

On 27/05/2011 15:23, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]
We're hoping we don't have to do any QoS or shaping, as we don't want
any links to be saturated. From the data i've gotten it seems that is
possible with many hundreds of 100Mbit customers on a 1000Mbit backhaul.

The 1G product is the exception to that, and it's a little unclear where
that sits, probably in a box labelled "here be failure".

adam.