Ham Radio Networking (was Re: Rogers Canada using 7.0.0.0/8 for internal address space)

Jack Carrozzo jack at crepinc.com
Thu May 26 21:02:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 4:54 PM, David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:

> The decentralized nature of administration of 44/8 made this somewhat
> intractable.  It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the future
> address markets.

I reckon it'd be about as hard to get back 44/8 as 11/8, but with more
neckbeards. Anytime the fcc tries to reclaim frequencies all these guys come
out of the wood work with the magic phrase 'emergency communications' and
some congressmen get on their side about it.

It will be amusing to see, yes.

-Jack Carrozzo