where are all the IPv6 tools?

Jay Borkenhagen jayb at braeburn.org
Wed May 25 18:54:47 UTC 2011

Hi,

I depend on a number of shell tools for manipulating IPv4 addresses,
CIDR blocks, etc. like:

 aggis
 ipsort.pl
 grepcidr
 aggregate

I have not yet found much in terms of similar shell utilities for
IPv6.  I've spoken to authors of some of these tools and they admit
they have not yet produced IPv6-capable versions.  (Not trying to name
and shame: those tools are great, I just want more!)

Do folks here know of IPv6 tools that might provide some of the
functions the above tools provide for IPv4?

Thanks!

                                                       Jay B.