Had an idea - looking for a math buff to tell me if it's possible?with today's technology.

Ken Chase ken at sizone.org
Fri May 20 19:44:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 09:34:59AM -1000, Paul Graydon said:
> Not quite sure I follow that. "Start at position xyz, carry on for 10000
> bits" shouldn't be as long as telling it all 10000 bits?

what position # do you think your exact 10000 bits will appear at?

(infact, mathies, whats the probability density function for
string of digits length N appearing in pi's digits per M digits?)

find M/N and there's your answer - might well be cheaper to
express the 10000 bits themselves, than a 100,000 bit long position #
in pi.

you cant exabyte-attack all possible integers, ya know.

/kc
--
Ken Chase - ken at heavycomputing.ca skype:kenchase23 +1 416 897 6284 Toronto Canada
Heavy Computing - Clued bandwidth, colocation and managed linux VPS @151 Front St. W.