Netflix Is Eating Up More Of North America's Bandwidth Than Any Other Company

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed May 18 14:47:39 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Randy Bush" <randy at psg.com>

> > Since a good number of us get paid for delivering bits, isn't this a
> > good thing?
>
> at layer eight, having a single very large customer can be a source of
> unhappy surprises.

I have first hand experience, having been laid off from my last IT
director job because such a monopsony customer yanked 3/5 of its business
from my then employer.

Or ask *hundreds* of 35 year old companies that used to produce, nearly
exclusively, lots of specialized, flight certified parts for the Space
Shuttle Program.

Cheers,
-- jra