Experience with Open Source load balancers?

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Wed May 18 00:07:39 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
[snip]

> Better still would be for them to return AAAA records but until one
> is ready to do that the negative responses need to be correct.

Hm... better would be for  load balancers operate transparently at Layer 3 and
not tamper with the contents of answers from proper DNS servers.

Eating traffic based on application content, or turning  NOERROR,
0 matches into  NXDOMAIN is seriously f***'ed up.

I look forward to more domains having DS records published by TLDs w/
signed zones...
and possibly browsers displaying warnings trying to visit HTTPS
domains without a signed zone.

perhaps load balancers/middle box manufacturers will start to become a
little bit more honest
in what they do with DNS traffic  :)

--
-JH