Yahoo and IPv6

Jima nanog at jima.tk
Sun May 15 01:15:16 UTC 2011

On 2011-05-14 13:25, Jim Gettys wrote:
> On 05/14/2011 01:59 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
>> I've been on IPv6 for a long time. When I started with IPv6, the only
>> applications (to use the term loosely) that understood v6 were ping6
>> and traceroute6. These days, I think the only thing I wouldn't be able
>> to do over IPv6 is print.
 >
> And I've been able to print using IPv6 on the $200 HP ethernet/wireless
> printer I bought over 18 months ago...

  And a $100 Samsung laser printer here, sold as long ago as 15 months.
  (Also an expensive color laser copier Ricoh started producing in 2007,
although I don't know if it shipped with an IPv6-capable firmware.)
Even printing isn't the last holdout. :-)

  Home entertainment devices, on the other hand... :-(

      Jima