Yahoo and IPv6

Cameron Byrne cb.list6 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 17:19:51 UTC 2011

On May 14, 2011 9:28 AM, "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net>
wrote:

> On May 14, 2011, at 3:41 PM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
>
> >> My Desktop is not able to make any IPv4 socket connections anymore.  I
get
> >> "Protocol not supported". So there are IPv6-only users, already bitten
by
> >> no AAAA.  So that's -1 from me.
> >>

> > Sounds to me like you're not on The Internet any more.
>
> Haha.  I might still do UUCP and listen to a talk from Eric Allman
currently,
> yet I can send you Email and that's supposed to be over the Internet only
> these days, I just heard.  So I am clearly online.
>
> I assume you don't understand the options some people have or how much
content
> might be available on IPv6 already and might have been for years.
>
> /bz

Ipv6-only is a highly functional reality when enabled with nat64/dns64,
there are several empirical accounts on the web.

I have be running a beta service of it for over a year and my experience is
that it works very well for web and email and nearly everything I do on
smartphone , but not all things for sure.

Cb
http://bit.ly/igQBx4 -- T-Mobile USA ipv6 beta.