23,000 IP addresses

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:26:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM, William Allen Simpson
<william.allen.simpson at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Courts like precedent. I choose Facebook's precedent. Seems reasonable to
>> me.
>>
> That's also roughly in line with Nextel and others for CALEA.

Hrm, I had thought that CALEA specifically removed the ability of the
Provider to charge for the 'service'? Though there is always the case
where the Provider can say: "Yes, this doesn't fall into the CALEA
relevant requests, we can do this for you though it will cost
time/materials to do, here's our schedule..."

or that's the stance a previous employer was taking... (at the
direction of their lawyer-catzen)