23,000 IP addresses

William Allen Simpson william.allen.simpson at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:16:01 UTC 2011

On 5/10/11 10:35 PM, Mark Radabaugh wrote:
> Facebook charges $150.00 (not a great link but http://lawyerist.com/subpoena-facebook-information/

Sorry, that's old and incorrect.

> Finding that on facebook's site is difficult. Other sites have Facebook charging $250 to $500 for civil subpoena fees.

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=17159

... you must personally serve a valid California or Federal subpoena on
Facebook. Out-of-state civil subpoenas must be domesticated in California.

Facebook charges a mandatory fee of $500.00 per user account. Please
enclose payment with your properly served subpoenas. A custodian
declaration will be included with the return of materials, if any.
Notarized declarations carry an additional $100.00 fee.

http://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=17160

Facebook requires a minimum of 30 days to process a civil subpoena.
Additional time may be required depending on various factors. You may
request your subpoena be expedited by submitting an additional $200.00 fee
with your subpoena.

> Courts like precedent. I choose Facebook's precedent. Seems reasonable to me.

That's also roughly in line with Nextel and others for CALEA.