Yahoo and IPv6

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Wed May 11 01:52:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum
<iljitsch at muada.com> wrote:
> On 10 mei 2011, at 22:31, Warren Kumari wrote:
>> I'm also a little surprised that you figured that there were no plans past the event -- much of the point of this is for data gathering -- did you figure folk were just going to gather the data and then ignore it?
>
> I asked the ISOC press people about this after they sent me their press release but they never replied (they may have replied to my message but not with an answer to the question). There is nothing on the ISOC site that mentions anything happening after june 8.
>
> Of course I'm assuming individual participants will do stuff, but that doesn't change that this IPv6 day as it stands now is a one-off event, not the first step towards the Ultimate Goal.

Speaking only for myself, and not for anybody at all, I wouldn't be terribly
surprised if the 24 hour experiment goes smoothly to see it followed up
by a week-long trial round the next time.

If it doesn't go well, I imagine there will be much data analysis, figuring
out what needs to be fixed, and a "24 hour trial, take 2" once a sufficient
level of fixage has occurred.

Matt