Yahoo and IPv6

Igor Gashinsky igor at gashinsky.net
Tue May 10 16:37:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

:: On 9 mei 2011, at 21:40, Tony Hain wrote:
::
:: >> Publicly held corporations are responsible to their shareholders to get
:: >> eyeballs on their content. *That* is their job, not promoting cool new
:: >> network tech. When you have millions of users hitting your site every
:: >> day losing 1/2000 is a large chunk of revenue.
::
:: Nonsense. 0.05% is well below the noise margin for anything that involves humans.

I assure you, it is not. 0.005% might be "in the noise", but 0.05% is
quite measurable given a large enough audience.

:: >> The fact that the big
:: >> players are doing world IPv6 day at all should be celebrated, promoted,
:: >> and we should all be ready to take to heart the lessons learned from
:: >> it.
::
:: I applaud the first step, but I'm bothered by the fact that no second step is planned.

Just because it's not public, doesn't mean that it hasn't been planned :)

Most of us want to see the data that we get from the first step, before
making the decision on which second step to take, I'm sure most people
can understand that.

-igor