Yahoo and IPv6

Igor Gashinsky igor at gashinsky.net
Tue May 10 04:58:24 UTC 2011

On Mon, 9 May 2011, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:

:: Given the following posting from earlier this morning:
::
:: > The location that's affecting the results is pending removal from DNS;
:: > and ASAP we hope to have the name moved to the geo-LB that suppors v6,
:: > instead of the round robin it is today.
::
:: I feel pretty damned justified in saying it wasn't *my* network causing the retransmits.
::
:: (Oh - and kudos for the person quoted above for 'fessing up, and to the people
:: that tracked down the actual issue. That always sucks when the test rig itself
:: has issues. Glad to hear it will be fixed)

In the spirit of full disclosure, I'll "fess up" a little more then :) We
did have the cname for the help pages point to an old rotation, something
that is getting rectified, and the timeout in the javascript was a tad too
aggressive (would lead to some unwanted false negatives), so that timeout
is going to be up'ed to between 5 and 10 seconds (we are measuring a few
different things, so which value will be used will depend on what is being
measured where).

Thank you for catching this -- we are still working on finishing up the
monitoring component of flag day related content :)

-igor