Yahoo and IPv6

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon May 9 19:11:07 UTC 2011

On 05/09/2011 10:27, Jared Mauch wrote:
> I do feel the bar that Yahoo is setting is too high.  There are a lot of network elements that are broken, either DNS servers, home 'gateway/nat' devices, or other elements in the delegation chain.

Publicly held corporations are responsible to their shareholders to get
eyeballs on their content. *That* is their job, not promoting cool new
network tech. When you have millions of users hitting your site every
day losing 1/2000 is a large chunk of revenue. The fact that the big
players are doing world IPv6 day at all should be celebrated, promoted,
and we should all be ready to take to heart the lessons learned from it.

The content providers are not to be blamed for the giant mess that IPv6
deployment has become. If 6to4 and Teredo had never happened, in all
likelihood we wouldn't be in this situation today.

			-- OK Go