Yahoo and IPv6

Arie Vayner ariev at vayner.net
Mon May 9 15:16:20 UTC 2011

Actually, I have just noticed a slightly more disturbing thing on the Yahoo
IPv6 help page...

I have IPv6 connectivity through a HE tunnel, and I can reach IPv6 services
(the only issue is that my ISP's DNS is not IPv6 enabled), but I tried to
run the "Start IPv6 Test" tool at http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ipv6/ and
it says:
"We detected an issue with your IPv6 configuration. On World IPv6 Day, you
will have issues reaching Yahoo!, as well as your other favorite web sites.
We recommend disabling
IPv6<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=ArHGqIAYvt_4fpp3N3vLzmNRJ3tG/SIG=11vv8jc1f/**http%3A//help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ipv6/general/ipv6-09.html>,
or seeking assistance in order to fix your system's IPv6 configuration
through your ISP or computer manufacturer."

What disturbs me is the piece saying "We recommend disabling
IPv6<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=ArHGqIAYvt_4fpp3N3vLzmNRJ3tG/SIG=11vv8jc1f/**http%3A//help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/ipv6/general/ipv6-09.html>
", with a very easy link...

Arie