Current recommendations for 2 x full bgp feed

Brent Jones brent at servuhome.net
Sun May 8 22:41:24 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Support <support at comgw.co.uk> wrote:
> Can anyone give me their recommendation for current hardware to take 2 x
> full BGP feeds over 1Gb/s ports with a third Gb port for the local network?
>
> I did this about 6/7 years ago with a Cisco 7200VXR NPE300 256MB RAM
> but I'm guessing things have moved on???
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

You could look at rolling your own box, if you budget/needs are small.
Quagga/Zebra running on Linux, or a more professional/supported side
you could go with Vyatta.

I personally have a handful of Vyatta boxes in two sites, taking
several full BGP feeds and works well.

Juniper is also making small enterprise routers based on the MX80
platform, but with reduced number of interfaces. They should be out
soon

--
Brent Jones
brent at servuhome.net