How do you put a TV station on the Mbone?

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Tue May 3 15:54:14 UTC 2011

> Multicast is an elegant solution to a dwindling problem set.

And that is fundamentally where we disagree.  I see this as not
"elegant" at all.  It is a fundamental part of the protocol suite.  It
is no more "elegant" than unicast.  I also believe that it will be the
wireless operators that bring this back to widespread use as wireless
devices are used for more than simply placing phone calls.  Time will
tell, but it looks like the total use of multicast for content delivery
is currently increasing.  It just isn't increasing in the realm of home
internet providers, yet, but I believe it will as people use home
internet for things that they had traditionally used other services for
such as broadcast radio and tv.