HIJACKED: 148.163.0.0/16 -- WTF? Level3 is now doing IP hijacking??

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Thu Mar 31 04:53:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, Ross Harvey wrote:

> Wait a second, I'm pretty sure that in most contexts, a signature or
> letterhead means not so much "this is real because it's so obviously
> genuine", but rather:
>
> "This is real or I am willing to take a forgery rap".

Do you think most providers check the signer's ID to make sure they
actually signed their own name?  How do you prove that whomever you accuse
of signing it actually forged it if not?

Does anyone know of there ever being even a single case where someone was
convicted of forgery for this?

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
                                                                 ICQ:  2269442