HIJACKED: 148.163.0.0/16 -- WTF? Level3 is now doing IP hijacking??

Ross Harvey ross.harvey at appfolio.com
Thu Mar 31 04:49:52 UTC 2011

Wait a second, I'm pretty sure that in most contexts, a signature or
letterhead means not so much "this is real because it's so obviously
genuine", but rather:

"This is real or I am willing to take a forgery rap".

As it happens, that's good enough for many if not most non-cash
transactions. Now, there are societies where that doesn't work, but
they don't usually have a lot of networks.