HIJACKED: 148.163.0.0/16 -- WTF? Level3 is now doing IP hijacking??

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 01:25:14 UTC 2011

This is an old enough "technique" dating back to a few years -
re-registering an expired domain that belonged to the ARIN contact,
and filling out the ISP paperwork.

There does seem to be something that needs to be done - its not
something ARIN can easily look into, the SP is much better placed to
take action.  But its a gray area between the two.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)