HIJACKED: 148.163.0.0/16 -- WTF? Level3 is now doing IP hijacking??

Jim Gonzalez jim at impactbusiness.com
Wed Mar 30 21:52:18 UTC 2011

I have a level 3 circuit with BGP. Level 3 set me up a maintainer. To
communicate with this program I just send an email to the maintainer, based
on my email address and the maintainer name it will allow the route I
request advertisement. I don't believe any one monitors this system and I
would imagine if no one complains about this company advertising hijacked
routes to level 3 then it would be quite easy to advertise a network that
has been abandon.