IPv6 SEO implecations?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Mar 29 01:09:28 UTC 2011

On Mar 28, 2011, at 4:20 PM, TR Shaw wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2011, at 7:10 PM, Karl Auer wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 15:55 -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
>>> If you're worried about SEO, go with native IPv6 and then deploy AAAAs
>>> for WWW.domain.foo.
>>
>> Why is native IPv6 needed? I'd have thought a tunnel would be fine, too.
>
> So why does
>
> www A 127.0.0.1
> www AAAA ::1
>
> Preclude a tunnel?  I can't get native here to my IPv6 is tunneled thru he (Thanks he) but that doesn't change dual DNS entires.
>
> (Note used loopback as an example)
>
> Tom

Well, hard to tunnel to a loopback address, but, using a better example:

www	IN	A		192.0.2.50
		IN	AAAA	2001:db8::2:50

Would not preclude a tunnel at all. The issue is that he seemed concerned
with additional latency from a tunnel resulting in SEO penalties, so, I suggested
native as a resolution to that concern.

Owen