ICANN approves .XXX red-light district for the Internet

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sat Mar 26 21:43:11 UTC 2011

> US Code TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 71 > § 1470
> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00001470----000-.html

That law includes the phrase "knowing that such other individual has not
attained the age of 16 years."  That's why porn sites have a home page
that asks you how old you are.  As far as I can tell from looking for case
law, all the 1470 cases are basically child molestation cases where the
1470 count was piled on in addition to the real charges, unrelated to kids
looking for porn sites.

So, in short, there's no problem for .XXX to solve.

Regards,