Nortel, in bankruptcy, sells IPv4 address block for $7.5 million

Ernie Rubi ernesto at cs.fiu.edu
Fri Mar 25 02:26:12 UTC 2011

Kind of off topic response so apologies,

Perhaps ARINs counsel has counseled you against making statements - fair enough.

My question doesn't go to any privileged information, just to general ARIN policy.

I'll just say, for a community driven organization, it may seem odd to be silent in such important questions and take these decisions on your own.  (I.e., decisions as to whether intervene in lawsuits, what policy arguments to make and how far to go before in said lawsuits).

On a personal note, I'm just a law student and barely 28 y/o, but I'll say it again - I am astounded that people in all kinds of forums have derided me, chastised me and given me the silent treatment during this entire conversation.  This was an academic question to me, but apparently lots of folks think it's life or death or semi-religious.

I'll be quiet now.

Sent from my iPhone