ICANN approves .XXX red-light district for the Internet

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Mon Mar 21 17:19:50 UTC 2011

Surprised this was actually approved, but more so that this story seems to
have gone unnoticed on the list...  I would have expected a lot more chatter
here -

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/03/icann-approves-xxx-red-light
-district-for-the-internet.ars

So the days of pointless TLDs are amongst us as we've now given would-be
registrars the right to print money and companies are forced to purchase
useless domain names in order to protect their trademarks, prevent
squatting, etc.  When will sanity prevail?

Stefan Fouant