Major ARIN Online system changes on 19 March 2010

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Mar 15 15:00:25 UTC 2011

NANOG Folks -

   Apologies for the cross post from ARIN-Announce, but I believe there is a
   potential for indirect operational impact for networks otherwise unaware.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN

To: ARIN-Announce
On 19 March, ARIN will deploy the biggest system update in the history of ARIN Online along with launching our new RESTful Provisioning system. This deployment will change the way all customers do business with ARIN, and we want to take this opportunity to remind you of what is in store.
It is critical to note that all initial and additional requests for Internet number resources (IPv4, IPv6, and ASNs) will only be processed through ARIN Online.  This means you will be able to complete your request via an online form, upload any required documentation, and all subsequent communication, excluding securing officer attestation, will be tracked directly in the ticket history for the request. ARIN Online can also be used to submit IPv4 and IPv6 network modifications, ASN modifications, and for all types of POC and Org management.
Because there are a number of actions that customers prefer to automate, ARIN is also releasing updated templates (Version 5). This template set includes POCs, Orgs, reassignments, reallocations, and Network Modifications. The nameserver fields are being removed from the Version 5 templates; nameservers will be managed using the ARIN Online delegation management system. The new templates are available for preview at:
https://www.arin.net/features/template_changes.html
All templates will require the inclusion of an API key for added security and authentication. Details on API keys are available at:
https://www.arin.net/features/api_keys.html
All of the transactions that are available using the Version 5 templates can also be automated using the RESTful Provisioning system which will also be released at this time. Documentation on ARIN’s RESTful methods and payloads can be found at:
https://www.arin.net/resources/restful-interfaces.html
We have created a chart to help you visualize which actions can be performed via ARIN Online, RESTful Provisioning, and Version 5 templates.  The guide, Interacting with ARIN’s Registration Services, is available for preview at:
https://www.arin.net/resources/interacting.html
ARIN is also releasing the previously mentioned ARIN Online delegation management system. We have created a flash tutorial on the new DNS management interface. We encourage you to view the tutorial which demonstrates how to use ARIN Online for delegation management along with new DNSSEC functionality.
https://www.arin.net/knowledge/dnssec/
If you have further questions about these template changes or other upcoming features, please email hostmaster at arin.net<mailto:hostmaster at arin.net>.
Regards,
Communications and Member Services