unsubscribing, was Switching Email

Jeff Kell jeff-kell at utc.edu
Sat Mar 12 16:05:41 UTC 2011

On 3/12/2011 10:02 AM, John Levine wrote:
>> Anyone have a list of MUAs that actually support RFC 2369 with
>> subscription management widgets in the GUI? Surely someone has written
>> one but I can't seem to find any documentation to that effect.
> Alpine, which has what must be the cruddiest GUI on the planet, does.
> Too bad people prefer glitz to function.

And Glitzy MUAs and MTAs tend to be the least RFC compliant of all.

Thunderbird (older versions) had a plugin (Display Mailing List Headers)
that would do it, but the plugin is not compatible with the current
version[s] of Thunderbird.

Any MUA that has a toggle or view to "display all headers" may
indirectly do it if they create "clickable links" for http: and mailto:
directives, e.g., from this list:

> 	<mailto:nanog-request at nanog.org?subject=subscribe>

Jeff