Internet Edge Router replacement - IPv6 route table sizeconsiderations

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Thu Mar 10 08:53:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 08:52:54PM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> > No SNMP stats for virtual vlan interfaces and when asking Brocade
> > about it, you get told "it is too hard to program". You gotta be
> > kiddin me ....
>
> Yeah, that is something that has been bugging me.  No stats on ve
> interfaces.
>
> > Or how they do vlan configurations.
>
> I have complained about that, too.  With Cisco you add vlans to ports,
> with Brocade you add ports to vlans.  Subtle difference. You can't look
> at the config and very easily see which vlans are on which ports, you
> have to do something like:
>
> show vlan e 1/1/1
>
> and parse through the output.
>

> > Or how a FCX stack will crash when you do jumbo frames.
>
> I have been running jumbo frames with stacked FCX units, no problems so
> far.  Running 7.2.00

This is with code 07.2.00aT7f3. Had two units stacked together,
rebooted/power cycled at least once and it worked. Next time we
had to power cycle due to a bad config apply, second unit came
back and as soon it would join the stack, it crashed.

Brocade wanted us to remove it from the stack (remotely) and/or
disabled jumbo frames.

--
Regards, Ulf.