estimation of number of DFZ IPv4 routes at peak in the future

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Wed Mar 9 17:05:57 UTC 2011

> the last serious satainc phylters died in 2001.  sales&marketing
> pressure.  when eyecandy.com is behind a /27, or your s&m folk
> sell to weenie.foo who wants you to announce their /26, it will be
> the end of the /24 barrier.

Sure, you can sell to someone who wants to announce a /26 and you can
carry the route, but you can't force your peers or your peers' peers to
take it.  That's what I meant by the experience possibly varying.  It
might work, it might not from some locations.

> > v6 being where the growth is it will get priority.
>
> we wish.  wanna start a pool on the growth of v6 announcements vs
> new multi-homed v4 announcements?

I meant growth in traffic, not routing table.   If traffic is growing on
v6 and a network with dual-stacked routers comes under routing table
pressure, v6 might win in the filtering decision.