estimation of number of DFZ IPv4 routes at peak in the future

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Mar 9 08:35:57 UTC 2011

>> i am more of a pessimist.  i suspect that there will be enough
>> v4-only destinations out there that multi-homed enterprises fronting
>> onto dual-stack backbones will announce teenie bits of v4 so they can
>> nat64.
> that teenie bit better be part of a larger aggregate that can reach at
> least one of their runs home.

the last serious satainc phylters died in 2001.  sales&marketing
pressure.  when eyecandy.com is behind a /27, or your s&m folk
sell to weenie.foo who wants you to announce their /26, it will be
the end of the /24 barrier.

> v6 being where the growth is it will get priority.

we wish.  wanna start a pool on the growth of v6 announcements vs
new multi-homed v4 announcements?

randy