Switch with 24x SFP PVLAN QinQ Layer 2

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Wed Mar 2 21:30:47 UTC 2011

> If the ME3600X is much too expensive, it's possible your expectations
> for pricing aren't realistic.
>
> Selective QinQ is pretty new, and tends to be found only in provider
> type equipment. If you can live without that, "normal" (non selective)
> QinQ is offered on most switches today. In that case several different
> Extreme switches might be of interest.
>
> Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no

Finding switches that will do private vlans, selective QinQ and the
requirement for 24SFP ports is a combination that adds up to a switch in
the $5,000 to $7,000 range even without layer 3 from most of the vendors
whose products I use.

Best one I have been able to come up with price-wise that seems to meet
your requirements is Huawei Quidway S5300 (S5328C-EI-24S) which seems to
be in the $3000 neighborhood but I have never used their gear.