What vexes VoIP users?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Mar 2 07:50:37 UTC 2011

On Mar 1, 2011, at 8:01 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> [...]

It's worked out great for me in a number of places. OTOH, it was kind
of dicey even without the torrents from other places.

I found that bandwidth and jitter were the bigger issues than other
applications I was sharing the link with.

I even managed to get passable call quality (though far from ideal)
calling the US on a US third party provider from my soft-phone on
my laptop from Kigali, Rwanda. I think that's close to a worst case
scenario, frankly.

These days, voice is a very low-bandwidth service. On any decent
link, it seems to get through just fine.

Owen