IPv6? Why, you are the first one to ask for it!

JC Dill jcdill.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 03:03:22 UTC 2011

  On 01/03/11 12:07 PM, Jake Khuon wrote:
> And I agree with the previous poster that in this day and age, it is
> unlikely that the sales group of a global provider would not have
> encountered such a request.  If anything, they should have been hit with
> those kinds of requests starting ten years ago.  Perhaps that particular
> salesperson had not but he/she should have been briefed on it and should
> be familiar enough with deployment status to be able to talk
> intelligently and honestly with a potential customer.

You can use their reply to an IPv6 request as a bit of a bozo filter,
much like the RFP discussed here used RFC 1149 to determine if the
companies actually read and understood the RFCs they were expected to
support.

http://www.itworld.com/NWW010409bradner

I *love* using Bozo filters.  Anytime you can trick companies into
revealing their true colors, you are a step ahead in the game.

jc