IPv6? Why, you are the first one to ask for it!

Jason Bertoch jason at i6ix.com
Wed Mar 2 01:42:28 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "George Bonser" <gbonser at seven.com>
>
> I could buy that if it weren't for the fact that it took two days to
> come back with that answer. An off the cuff "wow, nobody has ever
> asked me that before, I need to check on it" would have been
> understandable for a new rep. Two days later coming back with "gee, we
> really haven't had anyone ask about that before" is bogus.
>
> I am not trying to beat anyone up here, the point is a general one for
> the providers out there. If you can't offer v6, say so, don't try to
> dance around it and pretend that customer is the only one on the
> planet with a migration plan because we know better.

At this point, I'd even settle for a lie from one of my upstreams.  I've asked the local tech folks a couple of times over the last year or so, on top of a request to our sales rep, without even a single response to the question of "do you support v6 yet and, if not, what's your timeline?".

--
/Jason