[pfSense Support] Strange TCP connection behavior 2.0 RC2 (+3)

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Tue Jun 28 10:22:44 UTC 2011

This is a well known issues called "Long Fat Pipe Network".

There's many university papers about it and many tricks to get around
it on software-based boxes.

Adjusting your TCP window size was the best start, if it's set
properlu. The basic formula is provided in this forum post :
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/116165

Good luck !

--
Jérôme Nicolle