website in ipv6

Kenny Sallee kenny.sallee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 16:55:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Deric Kwok <deric.kwok2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am trying to configure website for testing ipv6
>
> Just wander how internet users eg: DSL users can visit this website
> and any people can access this website over the world

I did this by creating a 6to4 tunnel to a relay provided by
www.tunnelbroker.net provided by Hurricane Electric - a great service they
provide BTW.  They provide sample configuration templates for various
routers and OS's.  I created the 'tunnel' from a Cisco 871w router (don't
forget to configure a firewall here since you'll get IPv6 public IP's
assigned to you).  I used their block of v6 addresses they assigned to me,
along with IPv4 addresses I already had - ie dual-stack, on my various
windows and linux boxes behind my firewall.  I then used their IPv6 DNS
server, which returns IPV6 addressing if there's an AAAA record for the
website you are going to.  Some sites - like google search are reachable via
different DNS names, like ipv6.google.com or ipv6.cnn.com...and
www.v6.facebook.com.

You can also build / use Teredo tunnels - which I tested and worked as well
- tho not as good as from the routers.  This works well for hosts behind
IPv4 NAT

Finally, you can test your personal IPv6 connectivity here:

http://test-ipv6.com/

And you can test if your site, or any site, is reachable via IPv6 here:
http://ipv6-test.com/validate.php if you do not have IPv6 configured.

Good luck,
Kenny