Yup; the Internet is screwed up.

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Wed Jun 22 23:19:16 UTC 2011

On Jun 22, 2011, at 4:06 PM, Jeroen van Aart wrote:

> Owen DeLong wrote:
>> We're going to have to either find a way to convince consumers to change direction, or, we're going to have to develop new methods and techniques that will scale to fully replace antennas, satellite, and cable because that's what consumers are starting to do.
>
> I hope for the latter. It just pains me to think how to do this with existing techniques in use.

Not only will it happen but it will cost less per byte delivered than the other distribution methods and enable applications that aren't simply broadcast one to many.

Geoff had a presentation a couple of years ago that projected the cost per byte that was necessary to make the growth projection pan out economically out a decade or two to the right if I recall, we get to build that.