Yup; the Internet is screwed up.

Erik Amundson Erik.Amundson at oati.net
Wed Jun 22 20:52:17 UTC 2011

I agree, the whole use of the terms 'need' and 'want' in this conversation are ridiculous.  It's the Internet.  The entire thing isn't a 'need'.  It's not like life support or something that will cause loss of life if it isn't there.  The only thing to even discuss here is 'want'.  Yes, consumers 'want' super-fast Internet, faster than any of us can comprehend right now.  1Tbps to the house, for everyone, for cheap!

- Erik