Yup; the Internet is screwed up.

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Wed Jun 22 19:30:55 UTC 2011

Joe Greco wrote:
> that things are changing.  The number of TV's in a household are going
> up.  Some can now stream directly to the TV.  I have numerous devices

How can it go up even more? I thought every bedroom and living room has
one by now, in the average family house. In my experience families have
fared pretty well getting these TV signals through more traditional means.

>  that stream Internet radio audio, something that would have seemed
> completely frivolous 15 years ago, but today my AV receiver comes with

There has been in place for many decades multiple perfectly viable
alternatives of getting TV or radio signals into your house. Using your
good old antenna, satellite, cable... Considering these alternatives I'd
say the idea of the internet replacing old existing infrastructures
shouldn't be the top priority.

Now if you mean added functionality or special ways of doing things that
delivering content over the internet can provide I can see a point.

Be that as it may, I don't think current methods and techniques in use
will scale well to fully replace antennas, satellite and cable to
provide tv and radio signals.

(remembering for example the recent discussion about multicast)

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/plural-of-virus.html