Address Assignment Question

Jérôme Nicolle jerome at ceriz.fr
Mon Jun 20 21:50:17 UTC 2011

2011/6/20 Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at>:
> An organization that blocks 90% of spam with no false positives is incredibly useful.

Greylisting and reverse-DNS checks alone blocks 95-98% with no impact
on mail sent from properly maintained mail servers. RBLs are only
usefull for lazy mailadmins, and to save some network and CPU
resources while avoiding greylisting and rDNS. But it implies you
fully trust the RBL author, and some really ain't trustworthy.

I'd rather loose some mails from poorly managed domains than rely on
any external almighty authority, it looks to me like an incentive to
consider SMTP administration seriously rather than using default
settings from the package maintainer...

--
Jérôme Nicolle