ICANN to allow commercial gTLDs

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Mon Jun 20 21:35:55 UTC 2011

On Jun 20, 2011, at 11:19 AM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> do you want to issue a RFC that bans search lists?

Personally, I think search lists are a mistake and don't use them.  If you do use them, then you are accepting a certain amount of ambiguity. Naked TLDs will increase that ambiguity and would recommend against their use, however there is no Internet Police to enforce such things (ICANN certainly isn't since ccTLDs can do whatever they like). I have significant doubt that an RFC will magically solve this problem (for any value of "this").

Regards,
-drc