Cogent depeers ESnet

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Jun 20 14:52:11 UTC 2011

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011, George B. wrote:

> I suppose the moral of the story is:  "never single-home to Cogent"

The moral is multihome.  It gets real old hearing people whine that
they're losing $XXX,XXX.XX per hour, minute, whatever, when their internet
access fails...but they spend some tiny fraction (like 1% or a lot less)
of that per month on a single internet connection.  If your business
depends on internet connectivity, and that much $ is at stake, you're
stupid if you don't have some redundancy.  Nothing works all the time
forever.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |