ICANN to allow commercial gTLDs

Matthew Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Mon Jun 20 02:19:50 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 08:22:17PM -0400, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

And it only gets better from there... how many places have various "cutesy"
naming schemes that might include one or more trademarks (or whatever) that
someone might want as a TLD?  A naming scheme involving fruit would cover
your "apple" example, but I'd bet that someone, somewhere, names their
servers after fast food restaurants or brands of shoe...  and I'm confident
in predicting that there are plenty of cartoon characters that some company
or another will want to turn into a TLD.

- Matt

--
When all you have is a nailgun, every problem looks like a messiah.
		-- Iain Chalmers, ASR