ICANN to allow commercial gTLDs

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sun Jun 19 22:08:39 UTC 2011

The NTIA issued a new notice to ICANN on Tuesday emphasizing it's desire for
"functional separation" of IANA

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/frnotices/2011/FR_IANA_<http://www.ntia.doc.gov/frnotices/2011/FR_IANA_FurtherNOI_06102011.pdf>
FurtherNOI_06102011.pdf<http://www.ntia.doc.gov/frnotices/2011/FR_IANA_FurtherNOI_06102011.pdf>

Larry Strickling spoke about it at the INET New York the same day
http://bit.ly/inetnyarchive

He also mentioned an extra hurdle-  "in the global public interest" - for
new gTLDs, surely inspired by .xxx

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> [...]

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com